The impact of Covid-19 is hitting everyone, especially startups. The quarantine has made us forgo a lot of conventional methods of trade. E-commerce is evolving into the dominant method of buying your daily necessities. We even do our daily groceries through e-commerce (case in point: Uber Eats handling our grocery needs through their couriers). So, since the online field has become a place up for grabs, one should take the opportunity and design their business in accordance with the online world. In simpler words ‘Go Online, Score a Goal’.
To win the game
Now going online Is just scoring one goal, you need strategies to win the Game. In the online world Digital Marketing is your greatest tool for success. Like any other tool, you must have the correct knowledge and skill to use this tool. You might learn about a lot of techniques to be successful in digitally marketing your product. One of the surest ways to success, and my personal favorite, is Inbound Marketing. In this Article we will talk about this helpful technique to attract your target customers through awareness, assist them in considering your product and to decide whether they should use your product or not.
The Buyer’s Journey
To First talk about Inbound Marketing (Or Inbound methodology as its widely called), we should first know what The Buyer’s journey is. The Buyer’s Journey is the stages that a potential buyer goes through while making a purchase or using a service. Below the stages are given:
So now we know what the traditional buyer’s journey looks like. For the inbound methodology, which we’ll discuss soon, there’s something quite simple yet different to represent the Buyer’s Journey:
These stages simplify the whole Buyer’s journey according to the Inbound Methodology.
Awareness: The Prospect is experiencing a problem which needs a proper solution. It is in this stage that they require help to identify the reason for the problem. So, you should be trying to understand what your prospects are thinking and behaving at this part of the buying process.
Consideration: The Prospect has stated their problem and is actively seeking out a solution. In this stage the buyer has a clear goal or problem and are looking for a solution. It is now that you should ask yourself a question “What would the buyer want?” or “What are they exactly looking for?”. Answering these questions and acting accordingly may lead the Buyer to even consider giving your product a try.
Decision: This where the prospect may turn into a customer as they come to a decision as to which solution they would go for. Would they choose you or your competition? It is here that you help the customer decide that you have the best solution. And thus, not just closing the deal but delighting the customer falls under this stage as the customer believes they will get the most from you.
Now comes the big Question: What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound Marketing is a technique for attracting customers to products and services via content marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and branding.
Marketers that follow the Inbound Methodology tend to focus mostly on improving customer experience by being present in all the stages of the Buyer’s journey. Thus they build a form of trust with their customers which make thus transforming them to loyal ones. It doesn’t push the product to the customer Like Outbound marketing or the more conventional method of marketing but does the opposite by attracting prospects and delighting customers through channels like blogs, social media, etc.
Uniqueness of this strategy
This strategy is considered a very new one compared to the other marketing strategies, with some unique traits that may be considered advantageous for your company. The following are these traits that can be considered makes this strategy Inbound-
- Decreased Interruption: All the other strategies that are considered Outbound interrupts the prospect from even viewing the product. This interruption may annoy the customer to the point of them leaving the site and even make a purchase. Inbound marketing assumes the prospect searches out the information they need when they want to. It assumes useful, engaging content placed where the prospect may find it and leads them down a path to ultimate conversion.
- Building Credibility: Inbound marketing builds a form of credibility for the company as it does the opposite of what Outbound marketing does. It helps the prospect to give a good impression of the company by not interrupting them, helping them, showing them only what they want to see. Thus, your company will be considered more credible by following this strategy.
- Generating the right leads: Inbound marketing strategies include providing informational content. By these contents, you will be able to generate the right leads for viewing your products. What outbound marketing lacks in is they push the content to everyone else and the right leads come to view your content albeit they are few in number. Through informational content, the right leads become interested by your product and consider viewing your content. Thus, they enter the sales funnel on their own terms.
- Increasing trust: As Inbound marketing increases your credibility, so does it increase trust between you and your customers.
- Sustainability: Although Inbound strategies take time to be fulfilled, the results will always exceed expectations. You will be satisfied with what you did, and you will witness the growth of your company, even though patience is required.
We are just starting our topic on this useful and revolutionary method of marketing, we will further explore on the different strategies of Inbound methodology which will grow your company in the digital world.